Like many other skin problems, cellulite is something that will not be cured by endless visits to beauty salons, or by resorting to the plastic surgery. Mainly because most of the treatments promise the moon and offer nothing in return and secondly because those that truly work are not very lasting and require time and again to be repeated. However, I have an interesting proposal for you in the form of cellulite home remedies that are easy to use and fun to experiment with.
The best alternatives I have discovered for myself are the simple and the much more rewarding natural remedies that you can try in the intimacy of your own home. I am not saying these will suffice, however the below tried and tested natural cellulite home remedies are a very important step towards a cellulite free life.
Natural cellulite home treatment with ivy and horsetail
One quick way of reducing cellulite is to massage the affected areas with an ointment made of ivy (Hedera helix) and horsetail (Equisetum arvense). You can either buy the ointment already made from a natural products dedicated shop, or you can make your own home remedy, as you will only need three basic ingredients: one packet of butter, two tablespoons of ivy powder and two tablespoons of horsetail powder.
How to prepare it? Nothing simpler:
- Take a saucepan, put the butter and melt it over low heat.
- Wait until it gets to the boiling point and add two tablespoons of ivy and two more of horsetail powder.
- Once the mixture hits the curing point, filter it through gauze and put the obtained ointment into a jar that will be stored in a cool place.
- In order to get maximum results, massage the affected areas of the skin on a daily basis for at least 15 minutes, using the above ointment.
Natural cellulite home remedy with meadow sweet
This is an herb that will deliver some impressive results in obtaining a visible cellulite reduction even from the early stages of its use.
There is more than one way of getting all of the benefits from this anti cellulite champion.
- Make an infusion using two teaspoons of dried and finely powdered meadow sweet over which you pour one cup of boiling water. Filter it after 20 minutes and then apply compresses on cellulite affected areas;
- Make an infusion using 2-10 grams of dried and crushed plant, over which you pour 100 ml of boiled water. Cover it and let it “rest for 20 minutes. Stain it and drink five to six tablespoons per day.
- Make a decoction using 20-60 grams of crushed root over which you pour a cup of water. Boil it for 20 minutes, wait until it cools down and apply compresses over those affected skin areas ;
- And my favorite, make a decoction using 200g of dry crushed meadow sweet over which you pour 3 liters of water. Boil it for 20 minutes and leave it aside to cool down a bit. Strain the obtained decoction and add it in the water from the bathtub. Take a 15-20 minutes bath and do under water massage on the cellulite affected areas;
Sugar and oil anti cellulite home remedy scrub
This scrub is one of the simplest and easy to use cures for cellulite.
- Take a bowl and mix baby oil and sugar in a ratio of 3:1.
- Before you shower, apply this scrub over the affected areas and massage them gently.
Sugar will act as an exfoliating, while baby oil will leave your skin smooth and silky.
Reducing cellulite with brown algae cataplasm (poultice)
In order to prepare the poultice you will need: 50 grams of brown algae, 100 grams of bran, 100 grams of sea salt and water.
- Add the ingredients into a saucepan, and boil them until they form a consistent composition, taking care not to add too much water.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit and then apply it over the affected areas.
- Apply a plastic wrap over the areas covered with the mixture and let it work for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with water.
- For maximum result, apply this poultice 3 times a week.
Dandelion based cellulite treatment
Dandelion is a plant that has extraordinary properties when it comes to detoxifying the human body and fight against cellulite, as it contains high amounts of vitamins A, B and C. It can be used either as an infusion or in salads, as they taste delicious.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of dried herb over which you pour a cup of hot water.
- Cover the cup and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- After that stain it and add a slice of lemon.
- It is recommended to drink the infusion unsweetened.
The cure with dandelion infusion should last one month. Do not exceed one cup a day, as dandelion has strong diuretic properties and can trigger the elimination of other substances along with the toxins.
- It is recommended to pick the dandelion in the morning, as if they are collected during the day after flowering, leaves could have a bitter taste.
- Wash two hands of dandelion leaves in cold water, put them into a bowl and add lettuce, cucumbers, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Besides salad, dandelion leaves could be used as ingredients in sandwiches, as they represent a very good substitute for salad.
- Also they can be mixed with sorrel leaves, green onion and garlic or with dill.
So as you can see best recipes that will definitely improve your skin appearance contain three key ingredients: herbs, massage and perseverance. And although there is no one ideal solution, as some solutions are effective while others are very easy to use and some can even be delicious.
Try to have the patience to follow any of the above and I am sure you will come to the same conclusion as I have, that nature was very generous in offering us the ingredients for making some very effective cellulite home remedies.